Highlighted Events and News:
- 5pm Sunday Supper – every Sunday! This supper is open to the community
- The office will be closed on Monday, February 17th and Tuesday, February 18th.
- Wednesday, February 19th at 4:30-6pm Habitat Meeting in Room 6 regarding Southshire Pownal Build.
- Meditation/contemplation and conversation meet on Thursdays in Room 2 at 10:30am.
- All Church Fellowship would like to encourage folks to sign up to host Sunday Fellowship.
- Per Capita envelopes went out in the Open Door this week. Please consider covering the cost the church pays for our adult members. Where else can you be a member of such a wonderful group for $12.50 a year.
School Bags for Church World Service
- It is time to begin sewing school bags for Church World Service. We have many bags precut and ready to be put together. The precut bags will be available on Sundays in the social hall or ask Trudy Durfee or me to find you some to do. They are fairly easy to do. Thanks Pat Lafontaine.
- CWS Baby Kits: There is plenty of yarn and patterns for you to take and try your hand at knitting a small sweater or blanket. If anyone would like help with a pattern, Fran Broomhall or Sue DeLucia will be happy to help you.
- Saturday, February 22nd Food Swap in Webster Hall at 6-8pm.
- First meeting of the Administrative Council is Tuesday, February 25th at 7pm in the Clayton Room
The following is a list of things to have on hand in case of a storm emergency:
- Water (1 gal/person/day),
- Food (non-perishable and easy to prepare and/eat–don’t forget a can-opener),
- Flashlight and extra batteries, Battery-powered or hand crank radio,
- First-aid kit that includes a pain reliever,
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items (toothbrush, toothpaste, anti-bacterial hand-sanitizer),
- Copies of important personal documents,
- Family and emergency contacts (written down, not just in your cell phone),
- Blankets. Additional items depending on your family situation: extra doses of medications, diapers/baby food, games for children, pet food/medication, etc.