Sun and Fun community festival at Second Congo: Fidel creates rhythm on the Native American
drum as folks dance with the blanket of stars. Join us Saturday August 19, 10am-3pm
What does it mean to “Be the Church”: Care for the poor. Fight for the powerless: Share earthly and spiritual resources: Protect the environment: Reject racism: Celebrate diversity: Forgive often: Love God. Enjoy this life
“The Glory of God is the human being fully alive!”Whoever you are and wherever you are on life’s journey, YOU are invited to join is on the journey at Second Congregational — a church for young and old and in-between. Second Congregational Church is a progressive church, musical and mission-minded, with opportunities for questioning and seeking. Vermont’s first “Open and Affirming” Congregation of the United Church of Christ, we welcome all people of faith or in search of faith to our work and worship, without regard to age, race, economic condition, disability, or sexual orientation.
A big Thank You to sponsors Solar Pro Vermont , Second Congregational, Bennington, and Climate Advocates Bennington of 350 Vermont who helped to make Sun and Fun a success!
BIRTHDAYS AND CELEBRATIONS THIS WEEK:
Sept 24 – Ben Winslow
25 – Doug Krause
– Eve Oldendorph
– Linda Lyons
26 – Eli Koelker
27 – Michael Smith
30 – Neely Turner
Oct 1 – Lou Leamon
- 11:30 am Ministries Council Clayton Rm
- 5:00 pm Sunday Supper
- THIS WEEK:
- Wednesday, Sept. 27, 7:30 p.m. Administrative Council meets, Rm 2
- OTHER NEWS:
- Seedlings Project needs volunteers! 90 min., one day/week, Mon., Tues., or Thurs. 3-4:30 p.m. Working at Benn El and Molly Stark with grade school students. Contact at (229) 921-0727 or email@example.com
- We need adults willing to care for any young children who may join us on Sundays, in the nursery. Our Safe Church policy requires that there be two adults present, so sign up with a friend or partner. Obviously you’ll only have to be in the nursery if there are children who need that care, and otherwise you can be in worship. Sign-up sheet on the folding doors in Webster Hall.
- Back to School: With the beginning of another school year the Bennington school nurses would be grateful again for some needed supplies for our area children. Mostly needed are girls and boys sweatpants and underwear sizes 5-10 years. As the weather gets colder they could also use some hats and mittens and socks. If you are not sure what to get I will gladly do the shopping for you. For questions and donations please see Sue DeLucia.
- To help victims of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, folks of this congregation have generously donated money enough that I purchased 90 handtowels, 99 washcloths, 88 soap, 144 toothbrushes, 64 nail clippers, 150 sets of 10 bandaids. For half these items, ordering in bulk provided good prices for us. Our bulk order of combs is expected Sept 29-30. I will continue to welcome donations and to buy items until October 3 when NancyJean will collect kits from all participating churches in this area. Lorna Please give donations to Lorna or NancyJean.
- We are still receiving contributions for hurricane relief through the United Church of Christ. Checks may be made out to “Second Congregational Church” with “Hurricane Relief” in the memo line. As of today we have collected $4,630 for Hurricane relief!!!
. . . . . read all
Want to know more about the national United Church of Christ that we’re a part of?
Second Congregational Church, 115 Hillside Street, Bennington VT 05201
Telephone: 802-442-2559, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit the church
From middle of town intersection of Routes 7 & 9, take Route 7 south 2 blocks.
Turn left onto Hillside St. (just before Friendly’s).
Church is located on right at top of hill.
We will be pleased to hear from you