“The Glory of God is the human being fully alive!”Whoever you are and wherever you are on life’s journey, YOU are invited to join is on the journey at Second Congregational — a church for young and old and in-between. Second Congregational Church is a progressive church, musical and mission-minded, with opportunities for questioning and seeking. Vermont’s first “Open and Affirming” Congregation of the United Church of Christ, we welcome all people of faith or in search of faith to our work and worship, without regard to age, race, economic condition, disability, or sexual orientation.
D. Mark Blank –
Pastor of Second Congregational Church. Raised in the United Methodist Church, Mark found a spiritual home in the UCC in 2007. Originally from Western Pennsylvania, Mark graduated from Pittsburgh Theological Seminary in 2017 having attained a BA from the University of Tampa in 2000. Mark draws on his background in theatre, music, and storytelling in leading worship.
What does it mean to “Be the Church”: Care for the poor. Fight for the powerless: Share earthly and spiritual resources: Protect the environment: Reject racism: Celebrate diversity: Forgive often: Love God. Enjoy this life
- Sunday Supper at 5:00
- The Centering Prayer group meets June 25th 10:30 am – 12 pm in the Library. For details contact Janice Campbell.
- Hymn by Request forms for July and August will be available on the Deacon’s table at the rear of the Sanctuary. Please place completed forms in Mark’s mailbox.
- A special thanks to Bill and Linda Lyons and Doug Krause for their help in cleaning up downed tree limbs after Monday’s storm. Your quick response is truly appreciated.
- Volunteers are still needed to host “Conversations with Mark.” These will be intimate gatherings of 6-8 people occurring once or twice a month. Times are flexible. If interested in hosting, please contact Nora Parsons or Barbara True-Weber.
- We need volunteers to sign up to be a second adult in the Nursery. Please consider offering your time.
- Tools for Hope offerings are still being accepted. Checks should have “Tool Sunday” written in the memo line.
- Our Sun and Fun Festival is Sat. August 25th – save the date! If you can help or want more information, see an Eaarth Advocate member or Kathy Shaw.
- Mark’s Installation is Sept. 30th from 3:00-4:30 in the Sanctuary. Save the Date!!!
Want to know more about the national United Church of Christ that we’re a part of?
Second Congregational Church, 115 Hillside Street, Bennington VT 05201
Telephone: 802-442-2559, e-mail: email@example.com
Or visit the church
From middle of town intersection of Routes 7 & 9, take Route 7 south 2 blocks.
Turn left onto Hillside St. (just before Friendly’s).
Church is located on right at top of hill.
We will be pleased to hear from you