“The Glory of God is the human being fully alive!”Whoever you are and wherever you are on life’s journey, YOU are invited to join is on the journey at Second Congregational — a church for young and old and in-between. Second Congregational Church is a progressive church, musical and mission-minded, with opportunities for questioning and seeking. Vermont’s first “Open and Affirming” Congregation of the United Church of Christ, we welcome all people of faith or in search of faith to our work and worship, without regard to age, race, economic condition, disability, or sexual orientation.
D. Mark Blank –
Pastor of Second Congregational Church. Raised in the United Methodist Church, Mark found a spiritual home in the UCC in 2007. Originally from Western Pennsylvania, Mark graduated from Pittsburgh Theological Seminary in 2017 having attained a BA from the University of Tampa in 2000. Mark draws on his background in theatre, music, and storytelling in leading worship.
What does it mean to “Be the Church”: Care for the poor. Fight for the powerless: Share earthly and spiritual resources: Protect the environment: Reject racism: Celebrate diversity: Forgive often: Love God. Enjoy this life
- Sunday Supper at 5:00
- The Centering Prayer group meets June 25th 10:30 am – 12 pm in the Library. For details contact Janice Campbell.
- The Reading Group will meet after worship Sunday, June 17th for brief reports and discussion of “a book of your choice.”
- June 17th is Tool Sunday Please see the inserts and envelopes in your bulletins. Checks should have “Tool Sunday” written in the memo line. If you wish to donate in honor of someone, cards are available in Webster Hall at The Tools Sunday table.
- Volunteers needed to host “Conversations with Mark.” These will be intimate gatherings of 6-8 people occurring once or twice a month. Times are flexible. If interested in hosting, please contact Nora Parsons or Barbara True-Weber.
- We need volunteers to sign up to be a second adult in the Nursery.
- GBICS (Greater Bennington Interfaith Community Services) is hosting an important workshop called “Bridges Out of Poverty.” This event will be held at Sacred Heart St. Francis Parish Center (238 Main St.) on Friday June 22, 2018 from 9am to 4pm. Please consider attending. Registration is required, and the cost is $30 which includes lunch and handouts. Scholarships are available.
- Our Sun and Fun Festival is Sat. August 25th – save the date! If you can help or want more information, see an Eaarth Advocate member or Kathy Shaw.
Want to know more about the national United Church of Christ that we’re a part of?
Second Congregational Church, 115 Hillside Street, Bennington VT 05201
Telephone: 802-442-2559, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit the church
From middle of town intersection of Routes 7 & 9, take Route 7 south 2 blocks.
Turn left onto Hillside St. (just before Friendly’s).
Church is located on right at top of hill.
We will be pleased to hear from you